Looks like Spring has Finally Arrived!!!!!
Welcome to Leadership Troy Online!
Leadership Troy Member Organizations offer individuals a variety of opportunites to get involved in the community and help people in need and our youth. A summary of what is being offered in May and June is shown below. For details on any of these events and for more specifics on Volunteer Opportunities please click on Organizations News.
To find out more about Leadership Troy or to join, please click on the following link About Leadership Troy or to propose a topic for a Public Forum, please contact either Jim Cyrulewski or Tom Kaszubski at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 248-680-9411
May 22 TimeBank Meeting 6:30PM at Troy Library
May 22 Leadership Troy General Meeting 7PM at the Troy Library
June 26 TimeBank Meeting 6:30PM at Troy Library
June 26 Leadership Troy General Meeting 7PM at the Troy Library
Member Organization Events
Leadership Troy promotes volunteerism by presenting opportunities for interested citizens to better connect with community organizations.
The following is a calender of upcoming meetings/fundraising/special events for Leadership Troy Member Organizations.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy May 3 Teens Late Night at Club from 7:00-11:00PM.
- Troy Womens' Association May 7 General Meeting at Troy Community Center at 7:00PM.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce May 8 Michigan Wellness Council Meeting Oakland Community College Auburn Hills Campus Building G (Student Center) from 8:30-10:00AM
- North Woodward Community Foundation May 13 Troy Family Daze Festival Committee Meeting at Zion Christian Church starting at 6:00PM
- Troy Chamber of Commerce May 14 "Do More, See More, Be More: Three Steps to Customer Service Excellance" at ITT Technical Institute (Troy) from 8-9:30AM
- Troy Community Lions Club May 14 General Meeting at Troy Community Center starting at 6:45PM
- Troy Chamber of Commerce May 16 Morning J.A.M. Session at Holiday Inn Express & Suites (Troy) from 8:00-9:00AM.
- Friends of Troy Seniors May 16 General Meeting at the Troy Community Center at 1:00PM.
- Friends of Troy Seniors May 22 Oakmont Presents "Department of Veteran Affairs & Attendance" at Troy Community Center from 9:00-10:00AM
- Leadership Troy May 22 TimeBank Meeting at Troy Library starting at 6:30PM.
- Leadership Troy May 22 General Meeting at Troy Library starting at 7:00PM.
- Troy Newcomers May 23 Luncheon-"Outdoor Living Solutions" at Macaroni Grille (2111 N. Squirrel Rd-across from Meadowbrook Theatre) 11:30AM Socialize, Noon Lunch.
- Troy Community Lions Club May 28 General Meeting at Troy Community Center starting at 6:45PM
- Troy Womens' Association June 4 General Meeting at Troy Community Center at 7:00PM.
- Troy Community Lions Club June 11 General Meeting at Troy Community Center starting at 6:45PM
- Troy Community Lions Club June 25 General Meeting at Troy Community Center starting at 6:45PM
- Leadership Troy June 26 TimeBank Meeting at Troy Library starting at 6:30PM.
- Leadership Troy June 26 General Meeting at Troy Library starting at 7:00PM.
- North Woodward Community Foundation July 8 Troy Family Daze Festival Committee Meeting at Zion Christian Church starting at 6:00PM
Fund Raisers/Special Events
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Online Registration for Summer Programs Now Open.
- Troy Community Lions Club May 3-5 White Cane Findraising at Hollywood Market (Troy) from 9:00AM-6:00PM.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce May 5-9 Step Up to the Plate for Troy Schools. Eleven Troy Restaurants will offer 20% off diner's bill if they bring in promotional piece. Diners turn in receipt to Troy Schools. School with most receipts wins cash prize.
- Troy Women's Association May 19 Cupcakes for Children's Charities at Leon and Lulu (Clawson) from 1-4:00PM
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy June 1 Family Garage Sale at the Club (3670 John R) from 9:30AM-2:30PM. Admission Free.
- Friends of Troy Seniors June 1 Community Garage Sale at Liberty Center Parking Garage from 9:30AM-4:00PM. Admission is $2.00, children under 12 free.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce June 10 Tee Off FORE Troy Golf Outing at Great Oaks Country Club starting at 11:00AM.
- Friends of Troy Seniors June 14 Senior Picnic at Picnic Area adjacent to Troy Community Center from 11:00AM-2:00PM. Reservations needed; Seniors only.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy June 17 26th Annual Women's Golf Classic at Red Run Golf Club. Shotgun start 8:30AM.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy August 12 37th Annual Golf Outing at Red Run Golf Club. Lunch then Noon shotgun start.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy and Troy Community Coalition Each Month at Kroger's program to raise funds using Kroger Plus Card
- Troy Community Coalition English Gardens Shoppers join Flower of the Month Club. Mention Troy Community Coalition when ordering.
- Troy Community Lions Club Recycle Used Eyeglasses by dropping them off in collection boxes at Troy Community Center, Troy Public Library and Henry Ford OptimEyes (John R near Oakland Mall).
- Troy Newcomers Each month cakes needed for seniors' birthday parties.
On October 17,2012, Leadership Troy hosted the 44th Annual Community Awards Banquet at the St.Nicholas Greek Cultural Center with nearly 160 people attending. Honored was the 2012 Troy Distinguished Citizen Mary Kerwin. Also honored were the following respective 17 Community Organizations Volunteers of the Year: Boys & Girls Club of Troy: Sandy Burgess; BSA Troy Clawson Venturing Crew #1769: Angela Rondan; Emerald Lakes Village Homeowners Association: Kathleen Donovan; Friends of the Troy Public Library: Janeen Miller; Friends of Troy Seniors: Diane Alati; Kiwanis Club of Troy: Karlene Grifka; Leadership Troy: Kent Voigt; North Woodward Community Foundation: Jeffrey Coval; Rotary Club of Troy: John Buckert; Senior Home Assistance Repair Program (SHARP)- Troy: Dago Krambeck; Troy Community Chorus: Delphine Evans; Troy Family Daze Festival: Al Lindsey; Troy Firefighters Women’s Auxiliary: Geraldine Young; Troy Historical Society: John C. Lavender; Troy Newcomers Club: Linda Marx; Troy Parks and Recreation: Jim Harris and Troy Youth Assistance: Jeff Stewart.
Pictures of the Banquet are now available by clicking on Banquet Pictures